Wishing Well School strives to awaken and ennoble capacities within the growing child, rather than merely impose intellectual content. Inspired by the Waldorf philosophy, we believe in an education of the head, heart and hands. At Wishing Well a foundation will be laid where the child can begin the journey towards balance in feeling, initiative in action, and clarity of thought.
Wishing Well offers a preschool, a mixed-age kindergarten and grades and homeschool enrichment classes. Our programs include children ages 3 through 13 years old.
Receive the children with reverence.
Educate them in love.
Send them forth in freedom.
First/Second and Third/Fourth Grade Classes
The first/second and third/fourth grade class curriculum’s include math and language arts, flute, Spanish language, handwork (knitting, crochet, natural dyeing, cross stitch), gardening, games class (P.E), nature science study, painting, sculpting and drama.
Preschool and Kindergarten
In the preschool and kindergarten there is an emphasis on play, imagination and nature. Daily activities include seasonal crafts, cooking, developmental movement, circle games, storytelling, puppetry, singing, nature walks, sculpture and painting. The children learn to play harmoniously with an established circle of friends.
Sample Early Childhood Schedule
The program is offered 5 days a week with a 2, 3, or 5 day option. The program goes from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Extended care is available on Monday – Friday until 5:00 pm.
- 8:30 – Arrival
- Outside time: gardening, woodworking, digging to China, sandbox play, snack prep, seasonal crafts, swinging, playing on the play structure, etc.
- Circle time: singing games, seasonal songs and verses, developmental movement (gross and fine motor)
- Inside time: artistic activity (baking, painting, coloring, cooking), creative free play
- 10:30 – Birdie snack of apples and nuts or cheese
- 10:45 – Organic hot meal (provided)
- 11:30 am – Outdoor play/nature walk
- 12:00 pm – Storytelling and puppetry
- 12:30 pm – Pick up
Tuition & Fees
Morning snack and artistic materials are included in the tuition. Monthly tuition is due on the first session day of each month. There is an application/interview fee of $60. Following enrollment, a $200 tuition registration fee is required. This is non-refundable and reserves a spot for your child in our program. Please see our tuition page for current tuition costs.